So we are one week away from the end of the challenge. Do you think you have improved your blogging skills since you began earlier this year? Now is your chance to prove your skills!
Do at least one of the green activities.
Activity 1: Write the very best post you can for your teachers and visitors to read.
Remember essentials for a great post:
- catchy title
- includes at least one visual (with attribution) whether photo, cartoon, video or another web 2.0 tool like padlet or glogster
- interesting topic with the passion of the author coming through
- well written and not copy/pasted from somewhere else
- shows it has been proofread and spellchecked
- written in paragraphs – at least three of them
- includes links to other websites on similar topics – at least two of these
- ends with a question to lure your visitors into leaving a comment
Your choice of topics: only write about one of them
When you have finished your post and your teacher has published it, then return to Miss W’s page and leave a link to the post. We still have some students just leaving a link to their blog rather than the exact post.
Activity 2: Write a post about your favorite blog (not from HMS and you visit often) and why you keep going back there. Remember to include links to a couple of posts they have written. Also, leave a comment on their blog to say you have written a post about them. When you have finished your post and your teacher has published it, then return to Miss W’s page and leave a link to the post.
Still got time left?
- Visit other blogs and leave quality comments.
- Read the magazine and visit posts to leave comments on.